Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (11 câu):
- Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Secretary: Hello. Grant and Lee.
Ms. Curtis: May I speak (1)_______ Ms. Grace Schmidt, please?
Secretary: I’m sorry. She’s (2)______. Can I (3)_______ a message?
Ms. Curtis: Yes, please. This is Ms. Curtis. Would you (4)_______ her
that I’m staying at the Plaza Hotel? The (5) ______ is 735-9001, Room
605. Could you tell her to call me?
Secretary: OK, Ms. Curtis. I’ll give her the (6) ______ .
Ms. Curtis: Thank you very much. Goodbye.
- A. with
- B. to
- C. about
- D. for
- A. in
- B. out
- C. upstairs
- D. downstairs
- A. take
- B. leave
- C. give
- D. hear
- A. ask
- B. tell
- C. talk
- D. speak
- A. number
- B. numbers
- C. address
- D. place
- A. telephone
- B. note
- C. news
- D. message
- Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Nowadays, you don’t need to be at home or at the office to use the phone. You can carry a mobile phone in your pocket or keep one in your car. With a mobile phone, anyone who can talk and walk can also phone and walk. You don’t have to look for a pay phone to make a call anymore.
Now you can take your calls with you everywhere.
pay phone = public telephone
What is the passage written about?
- A. the office
- B. public telephone
- C. mobile phone
- D. making a call
Nowadays, you ______ be at home or at the office to use the phone.
- A. shouldn’t
- B. ought not to
- C. mustn’t
- D. don’t have to
What does the word ‘one’ in line 2 refer to?
- A. home
- B. office
- C. pocket
- D. mobile phone
The phrasal verb ‘look for’ in line 4 mean______ .
- A. try to find
- B. take
- C. have
- D. try using
Which of the following is not true?
- A. If you have a mobile phone, you can phone and walk.
- B. Nowadays, you don’t have to look for a public telephone to make a call anymore.
- C. Today, you can make a call anywhere.
- D. You must keep a mobile phone in your pocket.