- Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tham khảo Unit 16: Vocabulary The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Unit 16: Vocabulary The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tham khảo Unit 16: Language Focus The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Unit 16: Language Focus The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tham khảo Unit 16: Writing The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
Tóm tắt bài
1. Before You Listen Unit 16 Lớp 12
Work in pairs. Ask and answer the following questions; Which ASEAN countries use English as a second language?
(Làm việc theo cặp. Hỏi và trả lời câu hỏi “Những quốc gia nào của ASEAN dùng tiếng Anh như ngôn ngữ thứ hai?”)
Guide to answer
A. Which countries ASEAN use English as a second language?
B. Some countries of ASEAN, which use English as a second language, are the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.
2. While You Listen Unit 16 Lớp 12
Unit 16 Listening Task 1
Listen to the dialogue between Mr Hung and his daughter Nga, and choose the best answer A, B, or C to complete each of the following sentences.
(Nghe cuộc đối thoại giữa ông Hưng và con gái Nga, và chon câu trả lời đúng nhất A, B hay C để điền vào câu sau)
1. Nga asked her father about ……………..
A. the English language spoken in the us
B. people who speak English in the UK
C. the number of people who speak English in the ASEAN countries
2. The ASEAN countries include……………….
A. about a quarter of a billion Muslims
B. 25 million Muslims
C. half a billion Muslims
3. Muslims mostly live in………………
A. the Philippines
B. Indonesia and Myanmar
C. Indonesia and Malaysia
4. The main religion in Vietnam is ……….. .
5. Mr. Hung thought that…………………
A. he himself would wake up late the next morning
B. Nga would get up late the next morning
C. both of them would wake up late the next morning
Guide to answer
Unit 16 Listening Task 2
Answer the following questions. (Trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
- When will Nga have to submit the essay to her teacher? (Nga sẽ nộp luận văn cho giáo viên khi nào?)
- What country has the largest number of English speakers? (Quốc gia nào có số người nói tiếng Anh nhiều nhất?)
- How many people speak English in the ASEAN region? (Có bao nhiêu người nói tiếng Anh ở khu vực Đông Nam Á?)
- In what country in the region is English mostly spoken? (Quốc gia nào trong khu vực tiếng Anh được nói chủ yếu?)
- How many main religions exist in the ASEAN countries and what are they? (Có bao nhiêu tôn giáo chính tồn tại trong khu vực ASEAN và đó là những tôn giáo nào?)
Guide to answer
- She has to submit it to her teacher tomorrow morning.
- The US.
- It’s around 50 million.
- It’s the Philippines.
- There are three. They are Islam, Buddhism and Catholicism.
3. After You Listen Unit 16 Lớp 12
Work in groups. In your opinion, what do you think Nga’s essay will be about?
(Làm việc theo nhóm. Theo bạn, Nga sẽ viết về đề tài gì?)
Guide to answer
- A: What do you think Nga’s essay will be about?
- B: About the language and religions in the ASEAN countries
- C: What religions does she want to know?
- D: The main religions in the area are Islam, Buddhism and Catholicism.
- A: Does she ask whether English is spoken in the ASEAN countries?
- B: Yes. And her father let her know that the ASEAN countries ranks the third where English is spoken.
- C: Really? How interesting!
4. Tapescript Listening Unit 16 Lớp 12
- Mr Hung: What are you doing? It’s so late. Why don’t you go to bed?
- Nga: I’m trying to finish my essay about the culture and religion of the ASEAN countries. I’ll have to submit it to my teacher tomorrow. May I ask you something. Dad?
- Mr Hung: Yes? What’s that?
- Nga: Do you know how many people in the Southeast Asia speak English?
- Mr Hung: I’m not sure. But the ASEAN countries have the third largest number of English speakers – just alter the US and UK.
- Nga: Really? Exactly how many people speak English?
- Mr Hung: Around 50 million, I think… mostly in the Philippines.
- Nga: Do you know anything about religions?
- Mr Hung: The ASEAN countries include three main religions. They are Islam, Buddhism and Catholicism.
- Nga : What is Islam?
- Mr Hung: A religion based on a belief in one god and the teaching of Muhammad. It’s the religion of the Muslims.
- Nga : Can you tell me something more about the Muslims?
- Mr Hung: It’s an interesting question. The ASEAN countries have more Muslims than any other geo-political entity.
- Nga: But how many Muslims. Dad?
- Mr Hung: Oh, let me try to remember… about a quarter of a billion, mostly in Indonesia and Malaysia
- Nga: And what about the other religions?
- Mr Hung: Other main religions of the various countries in the region include large numbers of Buddhists, and the Catholics in the Philippines.
- Nga: What is the main religion in Vietnam?
- Mr Hung: It’s Buddhism. Many people go to pagoda.
- Nga : Well, and now I think I’ve got all the information I need for my essay. Thank you very much, Dad.
- Mr Hung: That’s all right. Finish your writing and go to bed. I’m afraid you’ll get up late tomorrow morning.