- Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tham khảo Unit 16: Vocabulary The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Unit 16: Vocabulary The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tham khảo Unit 16: Language Focus The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Unit 16: Language Focus The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tham khảo Unit 16: Writing The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Exercise 1: Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
ASEAN Handicraft Promotion and Development Association (AHPADA) was established as a result of a Workshop on Handicraft for Export which was (1) _____ by the Royal Thai Government in February 1981 in Bangkok. AHPADA was formed as a forum for both the government and private sectors that are concerned with meeting and complementing each other in the promotion and development of handicrafts (2) _____. AHPADA is affiliated to the ASEAN and the World Craft Council. The (3) _____ members were Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and Indonesia. Singapore and Brunei join in a little (4) _____. Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar and Vietnam joined in September 1999.
AHPADA’s objectives are:
- To take common approach to develop and promote the marketing of crafts (5) _____ and outside the ASEAN Region,
- To operate as a main point of promotion of ASEAN handicrafts and raw (6) _____ required-for production, trade fairs and exhibitions,
- To strengthen and improve the status of craftspeople,
- To create employment opportunities especially in the rural areas,
- To (7) _____ traditional craft skills within the context of conservation of cultural heritage,
- To educate and create awareness and appreciation of the authentic handicrafts of ASEAN Countries,
- And to build up an archive of ASEAN CRAFT information.
With the recent economic downturn in (8) _____ ASEAN Countries, AHPADA’s objectives are more relevant than they have ever been before. Most producers are among the rural areas and (9) _____ majority of them are very small entrepreneurs. AHPADA works at both national level through the national focal points and at the international level through the Board of AHPADA and the Regional Secretariat which is permanently based in Bangkok, Thailand. (10) _____ 1981 AHPADA has been able to act as a catalyst and initiators in the promotion and development of ASEAN CRAFTS through seminars, workshops and exhibitions, often in partnership with several multinational and international organizations.
- A. hosted
- B. joined
- C. promoted
- D. produced
- A. acts
- B. actions
- C. acting
- D. activities
- A. finding
- B. founding
- C. hiding
- D. recording
- A. latest
- B. last
- C. late
- D. later
- A. within
- B. into
- C. onto
- D. away
- A. machines
- B. equipment
- C. materials
- D. devices
- A. save
- B. preserve
- C. store
- D. keep
- A. most
- B. the most
- C. mostly
- D. the more
- A. a
- B. an
- C. the
- D. Ø
- A. When
- B. While
- C. Since
- D. As
- Exercise 2: Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations or ASEAN was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok by the five original Member Countries, namely, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. Brunei joined on 8 January 1984, Vietnam on 28 July 1995, Lao PDR and Myanmar on 23 July 1997, and Cambodia on 30 April 1999. The ASEAN Declaration states that the aims and purposes of the Association are: to accelerate economic growth, social progress and cultural development in the region and to promote regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the rule of law in the relationship among countries in the region and adherence to the principles of the United Nations Charter.
In 2003, the ASEAN Leaders resolved that an ASEAN Community shall be established comprising three pillars, namely, ASEAN Security Community, ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community.
The ASEAN Vision 2020, adopted by the ASEAN Leaders on the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN, agreed on a shared vision of ASEAN as a concert of Southeast Asian nations, outward looking, living in peace, stability and prosperity, bonded together in partnership in dynamic development and in a community of caring societies.
ASEAN Member Countries have adopted the following fundamental principles in their relations with one another, as contained in the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia (TAC):
- mutual respect for the independence, sovereignty, equality, territorial integrity, and national identity of all nations;
- the right of every State to lead its national existence free from external interference, subversion or coercion;
- non-interference in the internal affairs of one another;
- settlement of differences or disputes by peaceful manner;
- renunciation of the threat or use of force; and
- effective cooperation among themselves.
Câu 11:According to the text, which nation is the last member to join The Association of Southeast Asian Nations up to now.
- A. Vietnam
- B. The Philippines
- C. Brunei
- D. Cambodia
The ASEAN Declaration is about _______.
- A. the cultures of all the members of the organization
- B. the development of all countries allover the world
- C. the aims and purposes of the organization
- D. the laws of the members of the organization
The third paragraph is about _______.
- A. living in peace, stability and prosperity
- B. the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN
- C. The ASEAN Vision 2020
- D. the ASEAN Leaders
The Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia _______.
- A. is not accepted by ASEAN Member Countries
- B. consists of fundamental principles in the relations of ASEAN Member Countries
- C. is disapproved by ASEAN Member Countries
- D. has two principles
Câu 15:Which principle does not belong to the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia?
- A. interference in the internal affairs of member countries
- B. effective cooperation
- C. mutual respect
- D. peaceful manner