- Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
Mary says that when her drugs budget was exhausted she turned to the Swedish Red Cross.
- A. Mary says that she was tired with the voluntary work for the Swedish Red Cross.
- B. Mary says that she gave all her money to the Swedish Red Cross.
- C. Mary says that the money she bought drugs was given to the Swedish Red Cross.
- D. Mary says that when she ran out of money for her drugs, she asked the Swedish Red Cross for help.
I find it difficult to get rid of my smoking habit.
- A. As for me, stopping my smoking habit is quite difficult.
- B. I have difficulty smoking cigarettes.
- C. My smoking habit has caused me a lot of difficulties.
- D. I will quit smoking someday.
You can look up this word in the dictionary.
- A. There are a lot of words in the dictionary for you to look at.
- B. You can find the meaning of this word in the dictionary.
- C. The dictionary contains a lot of words except the one you need.
- D. You should buy this dictionary to find the word you need.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) _______ that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- A. it is a specialized agency in the United Nations
- B. as it is a specialized agency by the United Nations
- C. is a specialized agency of the United Nations
- D. a specialized agency of the United Nations
_______, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate agreements and debate policy.
- A. Serving both developed and developing countries
- B. Although it serves both developed and developing countries
- C. Served both developed and developing countries
- D. As it was served both developed ,and developing countries