- Choose the phrase that best completes the sentence.
Câu 1:______ by meteorites whose impact formed craters of all size.
- A. The surface of the moon was shaped
- B. The moon whose surface shaped
- C. The surface of the shaped moon
- D. The surface was forming the shape of the moon
Many craters on the earth’s surface were probably formed by very large meteorites ______.
- A. when smashed into the ground was an explosion
- B. which smashed into the ground and an explosion
- C. smashing into the ground and exploding
- D. they smashed into the ground and exploded
Throughout history, the moon has inspired not only song and dance ______.
- A. but poetry and prose as well
- B. but poetry also prose
- C. together with poetry and prose
- D. and also poetry and prose
Claudius Ptolemy, ______ of the first century A.D., left a good description of the geocentric theory.
- A. he was an astronomer and a philosopher
- B. being an astronomer and a philosopher
- C. an astronomer and who was a philosopher
- D. who was an astronomer and a philosopher
______ the fifth largest among the nine planets that make up our solar system.
- A. The Earth being
- B. The Earth is
- C. That the Earth is
- D. Being the Earth
If my aunt had not fallen down yesterday, ______.
- A. her legs would not be hurting now
- B. she can walk normally now
- C. she does not have to go on crutches now
- D. she would not have been painful now
Câu 7:Glass that has been tempered may be up to ______.
- A. as hard as ordinary glass five times
- B. five times as hard as ordinary glass
- C. hard as ordinary glass five times
- D. ordinary glass as hard as five times