Tóm tắt bài
1. Pronunciation Language Focus Unit 14 Lớp 10
Phát âm /g/ – /k/
2. Grammar Language Focus Unit 14 Lớp 10
Will vs Going to
a. Khi nói về hành động trong tương lai ta dùng cả “will” và “be going to”, song giữa chúng vẫn có sự khác nhau
- Ta dùng Will khi quyết định làm việc gì đó ở vào tại thời điểm đang nói. Người nói không quyết định điều đó trước lúc nói.
- Ta dùng Going to khi đã quyết định làm việc gì đó rồi.
b. Will và Going to để nói điều mà ta cho rằng sẽ xảy ra trong tương lai
- Do you think he will agree with us?/ May be she will go with us.
Tuy nhiên khi dự đoán một điều gì đó sẽ xảy ra trong tương lai gần mà có điều gì đó trong hiện tại hiện hữu thì ta dùng Going to. Dựa vào tình huống hiện taijnguowif nói chắc một điều gì đó sẽ xảy ra.
- Look at those black clouds. It’s going to rain.
c. Ngoài ra ta dùng Will cho những trường hợp sau:
- Đề nghị được làm việc gì đó.
- That bag looks heavy. I’ll help you with it.
- I need some money. Don’t worry. I’ll lend you some.
- Đồng ý hoặc từ chối làm việc gì đó.
- You know that book I lent you? Can I have it back? – Of course. I’ll bring it back this afternoon.
- Hứa việc gì đó
- Thank you for lending me the money. I’ll pay you back on Friday.
- I won’t tell Tim what you said. I promise.
- Yêu cầu ai làm việc gì đó
- Will you shut the door, please?
- Will được dùng nói về tương lại hay để dự đoán tương lai
- You will be in time if you are hurry.
- How long will you be staying in Paris?
- Will còn được dùng để diễn tả sự mời mọc, sự giúp đỡ
- Will you have a cup of tea?
- I will check this letter for you if you want.
3. Exercise Language Focus Unit 14 Lớp 10
Unit 14 Language Focus Exercise 1
Complete the sentences using will (‘ll) or going to. (Hoàn thành các câu bởi sử dụng will (‘ll) hoặc going to.)
1. A: I’ve got a headache.
B. Have you? Wait there and _____ an aspirin for you. (I/get)
2. A: Why are you filling that bucket with water?
B: ______ the car. (I/wash)
3. A: I’ve decided to repaint this room.
B: Oh, have you? What color ______ í? (you paint)
4. A: Where are you going? Are you going shopping?
B: Yes, _____ something for dinner. (I/buy)
5. A: I don’t know how to use this camera.
B: It’s quite easy. ______ you. (I/show)
6. A: What would you like to eat?
B: ______ a sandwich, please. (I/have)
7. A: Did you post that letter for me?
B: Oh, I’m sorry. I completely forgot. ______ it now. (I/do)
Guide to answer
1. I will get
2. I am going to watch
3. are you going to paint
4. I am going to buy
5. I will show you
6. I will have
7. I will do
Unit 14 Language Focus Exercise 2
Complete the sentences, using will or won’t and any other words that are needed. (Hoàn thành các câu sau, sử dụng will hoặc won’t và bất kì từ nào cần thiết.)
1. If you have problems with your homework, ask John. I’m sure ______ you.
2. I’ll ask my sister for some money, but I know she ______ . She’s really mean.
3. You don’t need your umbrella today. I don’t think ______.
4. I can’t read small writing any more. I think I ______ soon.
5. Don’t sit in the sun for too long. You __________.
6. Don’t try that new restaurant. I’m sure you ________.
7. I’m having my driving test soon, but I know ______. I haven’t had enough lessons.
Guide to answer
1. he will help
2. won’t lend me any money
3. it will rain today
4. will have to wear glasses
5. will have a headache
6. won’t like it
7. I won’t pass it
Unit 14 Language Focus Exercise 3
Make offers with I’ll for the following situations. (Viết lời đề nghị với I’ll cho các tình huống sau.)
1. I’m dying for a drink!
2. There’s someone at the door.
3. I haven’t got any money.
4. I need to be at the station in ten minutes.
5. My suitcases are so heavy!
Guide to answer
1. I’ll make you a cup of tea.
2. I’ll open it./ I’ll come and see.
3. I’ll lend you some.
4. I’ll give you.
5. I’ll help you with them./ I’ll carry them for you.
Bài tập minh họa
Complete the sentences below with “will/ would/ shall/ should/ may/ might/ must/ can/ could/ is going to” (One word can only be used once)
1/ ______ I pick the children up from school today?
2/ Look at the sky! It’s very cloudy and I think it ________ rain hard.
3/ You said we ______ watch television when we’ve finished our homework.
4/ There ______ be some evidence to suggest she’s guilty, but it’s hardly conclusive.
5/ The train leaves at 8.58, so we ______ be in Scotland by lunchtime.
6/ There ______ be an investigation into the cause of the disaster.
7/ We ______ get someone to fix that wheel.
8/ Very politely the little boy asked if he ______ have another piece of cake.
9/ The doctors are doing all that they _____, but she’s still not breathing properly.
10/ What _______ you do if you lost your job?
Guide to answer
1/ Shall ; 2/ is going to ; 3/ could ; 4/ may ; 5/ will
6/ should ; 7/ must ; 8/ might ; 9/ can ; 10/ would