- Exercise 1: Choose the words or phrases that best complete the passage.
Westminster Abbey is a very big (1) ……………in Westminster, London. It is one of the (2) …………..famous buildings in London. Most of the present building.(3) ………….. replaced an earlier one. was built in the 13th and 14th centuries, in the Gothic (4) …………… Every English king and ,queen has been crowned there (5) …………..William the Conqueror in 1066. (6) …………..famous English people are buried in the Abbey or have (7) …………. in it, and it contains. Poets Corner and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. In 1997, the (8) …………..of Diana. Princess of Wales. (9) …………..there. The Abbey was (10) …………..a World Heritage Site in 1987.
- A. tomb
- B. mausoleum
- C. building
- D. church
- A. most
- B. best
- C. least
- D. worst
- A. that
- B. whose
- C. which
- D. where
- A. kind
- B. style
- C. method
- D. taste
- A. during
- B. from
- C. for
- D. since
- A. Every
- B. Many
- C. More
- D. A lot
- A. memory
- B. memories
- C. memorials
- D. memorization
- A. wedding
- B. ceremony
- C. baptism
- D. funeral
- A. took part
- B. took place
- C. got over
- D. set up
- A. rewarded
- B. called
- C. made
- D. comprised
- Exercise 2: Read the passage, then choose the correct answer.
Cu Chi. is located at the threshold of Sai Gon and adjacent to the revolutionary base. Cu Chi played an important role in the two wars of resistance against the old and new colonial powers. Cu Chi was an ‘underground village’ with its labyrinth of interlaced tunnels having a combined length of more than 200km. The main tunnel is 60 – 70 cm wide and 80 – 90 cm high. Above the tunnel is a layer of earth about 3m – 4m thick, enough to sustain the weight of 50-ton tanks or heavy artillery as well as the destruction of bomb up to 100kg. Although it is ?an underground communication network, the tunnel is enlarged here and there into rooms large enough to hold large meetings, a medical station or art performances. Those who had set foot in that tunnel network. should greatly admire the talent, determination and endurance of the communist guerillas. The soil in Cu Chi. was as hard as stone, but with such rudimentary handtools as hoes and shovels, they had dug and removed tens thousands of tons of earth and stone, and camouflaged the openings so well that nobody could find them. Many people–have called it a wonder of the 20th century.
Câu 11:Where is Cu Chi situated?
- A. At the entrance to Sai Gon.
- B. In Sai Gon
- C. On the way to a revolutionary base
- D. Near Cu Chi Tunnels
Câu 12:Cu Chi tunnel ……………………….
- A. is very wide and long.
- B. is a complicated network of winding passages.
- C. has a thin layer of earth above.
- D. connects underground networks.
Câu 13:The word ‘them’ in line 15 refer to …………………….
- A. the guerillas
- B. the tunnels
- C. the openings
- D. earth and stone
Câu 14:Which of the following sentences concerning Cu Chi Tunnel is not mentioned.
- A. The tunnel is strong enough to support the destruction of bombardments.
- B. There are meeting places in the tunnel.
- C. The tunnel was dug by hand.
- D. The openings of the tunnel were covered with bushes.
Câu 15:People who visited Cu Chi Tunnel ………………..
- A. set foot in that tunnel network.
- B. was impressed by the work of the communist guerillas.
- C. admired the complication of the tunnel network.
- D. made it a wonder of the 20th century.
Câu 16:Which of the following sentences is true?
- A. Cu Chi was an important revolutionary base.
- B. The area-of Cu Chi is about 200 square kilometers.
- C. The soil in Cu Chi is uncultivated.
- D. Cu Chi was called a wonder of 20th century.
Cùng bài học: